28 Dec 2013

NCC "Inspired by Art" month #3 - Mehndi/Henna

Hello everyone! A second post for you today that sees me still playing catch up with all my December commitments! This is my third "Inspired by Art" mani for the Nail Challenge 
Collaborative and I settled on a Mehndi design.

I used three coats of LA Colors Lilac Frost as a base and then topped with Seche Vite. Once completely dry (an hour after the Seche), I took a rusty brown Sharpie and drew on the mehndi/henna designs. Once that was also fully dry I added another thick coat of Seche to finish (it has to be thick to stop the Sharpie ink from dragging), et voila!




As you can see, I had one broken nail at this point - well, they're all gone now :( But it means I get to start growing them again for 2014, so expect a combination of me wearing lovely false tips and nail art for nubs for about the next month! I have one more art-inspired mani heading your way before New Years and then I'll be ready to start 2014 with a clean slate! :)




2 comments:

  1. Love that style of art! I bet it would look cool if you continued the look up onto your hands! of course, it'd be hard to get all that Sharpie off... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nidia! I tend to "stress doodle" on myself while watching tense TV and this is my preferred pattern lol! This was the most recent one: http://instagram.com/p/iMkBx8qnDx/

      Delete